Who is FlyForm?
We are a Cardiff-based, fast-growing company in the technology space. We are an ambitious, tight-knit group of A-players who care about our staff and communities. We invest in our people, and offer a unique, people-centered culture with the opportunity to make an impact. Over the last year, our team has increased by 60% and since our inception we have achieved 100%+ year-over-year growth.
Everything we do is guided by these 10 values:
Why We Need an A-Player Office Manager
Due to the internal promotion of our previous Office Manager, we are looking to hire the right person to continue to support our team, improve our processes and grow this area of the organisation as we scale rapidly.
As the first person who welcomes and onboards new employees, we need a friendly face to keep newbies excited from the first day. As the linchpin that connects all our people, the Office Manager will help us keep organised, engaged and excited as we keep working hard and playing hard accelerating our growth.
What We Need
FlyForm is looking for an A-player Office Manager who is a people-person, process oriented, extremely organised, enthusiastic, self-sufficient and pro-active to be the go-to person for our all our people support needs, based out of our headquarters in Cardiff.
This person will play a critical role within our operations team, working with the senior leadership team, managers and team members across departments to ensure smooth daily company functions and help the business scale up as our team expand quickly.
As an Office Manager, this person will get involved in several areas of the business, including: HR, administrative management, employee onboarding, event management, operational process management and IT.
Qualities & Attitude
- Extremely organised, process-driven and structured
- A people person
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Highly independent & self-sufficient
- Ability to be accountable and adopt extreme ownership
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a highly paced, fast-moving environment, sometimes under pressure
- Continuous improvement – a person who is unhappy with the status quo and is always looking to improve processes, documents and ways of working
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members at all levels including the leadership team
- Fanatical about detail
- Solution oriented and problem solver
- Calm under pressure
- Growth mindset - desire to learn and grow with the company
- Discretion on confidential company matters
- Onboard new team members
- Own and continuously improve processes to ensure smooth operations and scalability
- Administer all company systems, making sure that team members have the necessary tools and equipment to perform their jobs.
- Coordinate with the company’s Human Resources advisor on HR issues, including onboarding and offboarding.
- Manage vendors, including IT, invoices, negotiations and payment reconciliation.
- Oversee the upkeeping of the Cardiff office, from overseeing Health & Safety measures to stocking kitchen cabinets with snacks and drinks.
- Manage the back to work strategy once pandemic rules allow it.
- Be the company lead on office moves to accommodate future team growth.
- Create a friendly, inviting and healthy office environment.
- Coordinate with building management on maintenance needs for the office.
- Organise quarterly events, weekly socials and the holiday party to boost employee morale.
- Based in Cardiff or within commuting distance (this person is required to be in the physically in the office once regulations allow it)
- Experience in a start-up or fast growth company environment in a similar role
- A true people person who enjoys supporting and interacting with their team members
- Proven track record of process creation and improvement
- Proven track record of organisation and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Some HR experience
- Prior experience in implementing/managing quality accreditation projects like ISO
- Experience researching and evaluating vendors
- Experience in managing an outsourced IT provider
- Experience using one or more of these applications - Slack, ServiceNow, HubSpot, SalesForce or Financial Force
Please tell us at the top of your CV or cover letter which of our values resonates with you the most and why. Applications without this requirement will not be reviewed.